Hey guys. I just want to drop a note by to explain my (sort-of) lack of activity on here. Truthfully, at the moment, the main reason is lack of motivation. Currently at uni, we're working on a group project to make a two-minute animation. I've been made Producer for one of the groups so I've been given a little extra responsibility. After a rocky start, our group has really gone under way and getting on very well with it. But by the end of the day, my creative juices and motivation has run dry. I have all these ideas and I want to get them out…but I just can't be bothered at the moment. I do have my half of an art trade for
to do, and those Disney characters but for the time being, dA stuff is taking a bit of backseat at the moment.
Also, I've been hit with a bombshell all of a sudden: I've been made redundant from my part time job.
Basically, the store I clean is relocating and is closing for good next Sunday. I've cheered up a bit now but I was incredibly upset by the news for a number of reasons. One: it was fantastic pay for an easy job. Two: it fit so well around my uni schedule. But the most important reason is that it's been the first part time job that has been…well, perfect. I had a wonderful boss and amazing friends I could be myself around, and it's the first part-time job where I've felt part of a team instead of just a part-timer. But we're still going to meet up in the future, and since the cleaning side of it is a separate business, it's possible I could still get back in the game. But for the time being, I'm going to leave job-hunting be.
On the bright side...
- Uni in general is still going well. I've been getting good grades and enjoying the whole course in general. I'm just psyched for second year now (can't believe it's less than two months away when I finish first year).
- I have become hooked to crocheting (pun sort of intended) and am currently making a polar bear, using a pattern I was given on a two-hour crochet course from a knitting festival. (Yes, I went to a knitting festival and enjoyed it. I am an old lady. )
- I saw one of my favourite comediennes live on Friday and thoroughly enjoyed it.
- I am, despite the slight disappointment with last year's film, quite excited for Muppets Most Wanted.
- I have given up for Lent (Not for religious reasons but for a willpower challenge) sugary goods…that means no chocolate, cake, pudding, sweets, ice cream…basically the majority of my favourite foods. I did it last year soI can do it again!
- I accomplished one of my bucket list missions as well today: to hold a snake. My friend at work has a gorgeous baby Royal python which I could have happily held for hours if I didn't have a lecture. It was a wonderful moment.
Mini essay over. Thanks for being patient.
PS Speaking of essays, who'd have thought Red Hot Riding Hood, Jessica Rabbit and Holli Would would have got me an A in my essay.